Tata Group is an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Since it had founded in 1868 by Jamshedji Tata and gained international recognition after buying many world companies. It’s India‘s largest conglomerate. Every Tata company or enterprise operates independently beneath the guidance and supervision of its own board of directors and shareholders.
10 Amazing Facts About Tata Group:-
- The salt-to-software Tata Group contains 96 operative companies in seven business sectors — also including steel, salt, software, energy, cars and trucks, and chemicals.
- The Group, started by Jamsetji Tata in mid-19th century, hence has grown into one among India‘s largest business conglomerates, with revenues in 2005-06 of $21.9 billion, the equivalent of about 2.8 % of the country’s GDP.
- Tata companies together employ some 202,712 people.
- There are also 30 publicly-listed Tata enterprises with a combined market capitalization of about $116 billion as of March 2016.
- Since the Group has operations in 54 countries and its firms export product and services to 120 nations.
- Ratan Tata, since becoming chairman in 1991, has remodeled the once-staid Group by cutting the number of firms from over 300 and acquiring over 15 new businesses abroad.
- JRD Tata was India‘s 1st licensed pilot and founder of the country’s 1st commercial airline company Tata Airlines in 1932. Tata Airlines later renamed as Air India in 1946.
- About two-thirds of the massive annual profits generated by Tata Group go to charity in type of Tata Trust. And since this done without Publicity.
Amazing Facts About Tata Group
- Tata Group of companies sometimes foregoes contracts instead of paying bribes. This is in accordance with the established policy of the Group of not giving or acceptive bribes.
- Tata firms with important scale include Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Tata consultancy Services, Tata Power, Tata Chemicals, Tata world Beverages, Tata Teleservices, Titan, Tata Communications and also Taj Group.
In 2015-16, the revenue of Tata firms, taken together, is $103.51 billion. The best thing about Tata Group is despite diversification of business interests in several fields, Tata Group has up to now abstained itself from moving into alcohol business or tobacco business.
What’s your opinion about Tata Group?
Secure Your PC And Mobile with AVG For 1 Year Free visit www.avg.com/retail