10 Incredible Facts About Farts You Never Knew

Everybody farts. we fart at home, we fart at work, when we know it is a stinker, we fart with a smirk (that rhymed!). however how much do you really know about those mysterious smelly toots of yours? what’s a fart?

We have answers. Disgusting, delicious, smelly answers.

Facts About Farts

Facts About Farts

10 Incredible Facts About Farts You Never Knew

  1. Only 1% of your fart really smells.

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    Yup — even that tiny one that nobody heard however everyone in a 1,000 mile radius smelled. 99% of that fart was odorless gases like carbon dioxide, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, and methane. That leaves 1% of the smelly stuff, hydrogen sulfide. And considering however bad your farts will smell sometimes (just admit it), that hydrogen sulfide is a few pretty strong stuff!

  2. There’s a reason not all farts sound a similar.

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    Variety is the spice of life, right? Flatulence varies in sound due to a variety of factors, namely, the quantity of gas, the force at that it’s expelled, and also the tightness of the sphincter muscles.

  3. All the humans that have ever lived have released about 17 quadrillion farts. Ever

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    All right, therefore it’s not highly scientific, but when you multiply the quantity of farts per day by the number of humans ever to possess lived by average lifespan by 365, you come up with the 17 quadrillion number.

  4. Women’s farts smell worse than men’s. As hard as it is to believe, it’s true.

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    Although ladies and men produce a similar amount of flatulence, a study conducted by Dr. Levitt found that women’s farts systematically contain significantly greater concentrations of hydrogen sulfide — the things that makes them smell.

  5. Holding in farts is not harmful.

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    You’re not going to explode or something. Sooner or later your body goes to get that air out.

  6. Farts can explode.

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    As ridiculous as it looks when someone sets their fart on fire in those wildly well-liked bro-y comedy flicks, your farts very are flammable. 2 chemicals in farts, methane and hydrogen, are flammable, that is what makes it possible to create a small explosion if you hold a lighter up to your butt once you fart. Not saying you should though. In fact, definitely do not unless you want to risk burning yourself or starting a fire. It’s extremely not that fun.

  7. Vegetarians fart more than non-vegetarians.

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    Apparently, it’s thanks to all the beans they eat. Beans contain carbohydrates made of molecules that are too large to be absorbed in our small {intestine|intestine|bowel|gut} during digestion so they pass into the massive intestine still intact. This leads to a rise in certain bacteria in the lower intestine to break down the beans, that produces large amounts of hydrogen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide gas. But hey, if meat eaters have to suffer from smelly farts (see #2), it’s only fair vegetarians have to fart more!

  8. Fart jokes are timeless.

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    The oldest joke in history is actually a fart joke. It’s an ancient Sumerian proverb dating back to 1900 BC that says, “Something that has never occurred since time immemorial; A young woman did not fart in her husband’s lap.” *ba-boom tsssss*

  9. You probably don’t fart as much as you think you do.

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    Often, people head to their doctor complaining of getting too much gas, but chances are, you are just imagining it. These people are usually told to go home and keep a record of when they fart in a journal. Flatologist Michael Levitt, M.D. found that most of those people fall within the normal range of farts per day and “they merely have to learn of their ‘normality.'”

  10. Certain foods make your farts smell worse than others.

    Facts About Farts

    Facts About Farts

    when you eat sulfur rich foods like eggs and meat, your farts can smell worse because that food breaks down and creates hydrogen sulfide, AKA, rotten egg gas.

Congratulations! You currently know a lot of about farts than most of us out there, that warrants you extra tooting rights! Let em rip, you big smelly stinkers!

Comments

Leave a Reply