Beards have conferred status throughout the history, and rightly therefore. After all, growing a beard is perhaps the simplest gift a person can ever get. So, for all the beard enthusiasts out there, we’ve compiled a list of 20 great facial hair facts that you just should know.
14 Interesting Facts About Beards :
- On average, a man’s beard can grow 5.5 inches per year.
- If you were to put down the razor and stop shaving forever, however long would your beard be? 27.5 feet.
- A person who shaves spends roughly 3,350 hours of his life within the bathroom.
- There are around 30,000 whiskers encompassing your face.
- 55% of men from the around world can be seen sporting a beard or facial hair.
- Pogonophobia, aka fear of beards. should you funnily enough have this, you’ll expirence symptoms of nausea, feelings of dread, sweating and irregular heartbeat, among others. who knew a soft, fuzzy beard can be a traumatic experience for some…
- Beards were once taxed, it’s true. Peter the great encouraged cleanshaveness and for those that didn’t comply, he taxed them 100 rubles a year for a medallion. This medallion served as a license to wear a beard. though the principal at hand wasn’t about just money.. His inscription on the beard license read, “The beard may be a useless burden.”
- Within the past 25 years, there are 5 scientific studies involving the attractiveness of beards. Reed & Blunk, 1990. Muscarella & Cunningham, 1996. Neave & Shields, 2008. Dixson & Brooks, 2013.
- Beards increase 3 things: Your age, social rank and aggressiveness. In the Dixon and Vasey (2012) study ladies found men with beards to look older and appear to be of a better social status. in the same study. Men with beards had a a lot of aggressive appearance when they were angry verse an angry shaved man.
- Beards grow quicker within the daytime than the nighttime.
- Facial hair was once prohibited in military.
- 98% of the Forbes 100 list of the world’s richest men are shaved.
- Amazingly, the longest female beard ever recorded was measured at 30cm.
- The only king without a mustache in a deck of cards is that the king of hearts.
And there you’ve got it — 14 of the most interesting facts about the beards. we hope you find it interesting. Why not go celebrate by growing your own beard today — or if you’ve got one, treating it to an extra helping of some beard oil. It deserves it.