<p style=”text-align: justify;”> Japan is an island nation in Pacific Ocean with dense cities, imperial palaces, mountainous national parks and thousands of temples and shrines. Main islands of Kyushu, and Hokkaido are connected by shinkansen bullet trains. Tokyo, the capital, known for skyscrapers, shops and famous culture.In Japanese the name for Japan is “Nippon” or “Nihon” which implies “sun origin”.
15 Facts About Japan:-
- Japan belongs to the continent of Asia. Japan is an island nation enclosed by the ocean of Japan to the East and also Pacific Ocean to the West.
- Japan is formed of 6,852 islands.
- The highest point in Japan in Mount Fuji, that stands at 3,776m (12,388ft).
- As of July 2012, there are over 127 million of people living in Japan (127,368,088), that is tenth largest population in world.
- Tokyo is capital town of Japan and also the biggest town. Alternative major cities as Osaka, Nagoya, and Sapporo.
- Japanese is official language of Japan.
- Japan sits on the “Pacific Ring of Fire”, therefore has several volcanoes and experiences several earthquakes.
- In 2011 a Tsunami occured that resulted in a lot of devastation as an earthquake of magnitude 9.0 hit Japan.
15 Facts About Japan :-
- Almost 3 quarters of Japan’s land is either forest or mountains and is tough to be created into farms, industrial or residential areas.
- Samurai are Ancient warriors of Japan. They were very skillful fighters and swordsmen. Their main weapon was the Katana, a pointy sword with a small curve to it.
- Due to gases produce by power plants, Japan generally suffers from Acid rain.
- Japan is an industrialised nation, manufacturing a number of most technologically advanced motorcars, electronics, and machine tools.
- Japan is world leader in Robotics. Japanese engineers are known for manufacturing a variety of human-like robots like ASIMO.
- Some of the most well-known corporations in world are Japanese like Toyota, Honda, Sony, Nintendo, Canon, Panasonic, Toshiba, and Sharp.
- Japan is home to several completely different sorts of martial arts. Since Ninjutsu, Karate, Sumo, Judo , Kendo, aikido and Jujutsu to name some.
Japan hosted the 1972 and 1998 Winter Olympic Games in city and Nagano, resp. In 1964 Summer Olympic games in Tokyo and will once again in 2020. Though baseball is the foremost famous sport. Japanese cuisine has become famous all over world. Some well-known dishes are sushi, sashimi and tempura.