Native name of Amitabh Bachchan is Amitabh Harivansh Rai Shrivastava Bachchan. Amitabh Bachchan was born on 11 October 1942 Allahabad, United Provinces, British India. Amitabh Bachchan is well knowned “Angry Young Man” because of his heavy voice in films. He gained popularity by playing role of Vijay Khanna in Zanjeer and Vijay Verma in Deewar in 1970’s. Other than acting he also worked as playback singer, film producer and television presenter. He is well referred as “Shahenshah of Bollywood“, “Star of the Millennium” or “Big B”, by all the countries throughout.
Facts of Amitabh Bachchan
1. Early and personal life
Bachchan was from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, in north central India. His father Harivansh Rai Srivastava (Bachchan), he was a well-known poet at that time period. And his mother Teji Bachchan was from Punjab (Faisalabad). He attended Sherwood College, Nainital and later he continued his studies in Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi. Bachchan married to actress Jaya Bhaduri. Now, they have two children named, Shweta Nanda and Abhishek Bachchan.
2. The Megastar Amitabh Bachchan can write equally well with both his hands.
3. He started his bollywood career as a voice narrator in Mrinal Sen’s Bhuvan Shome in 1969.
4. He aimed to study of an engineering and want to join the Indian air force.
5. His first salary was maximum Rs.500.
6. Amitabh Bachchan gets nostalgic on completing 46 years in the film industry. Amitabh debuted as an actor in Saat Hindustani,1969 playing Anwar Ali Anwar. The film has completed more than four decades on November 6.Thus, Bachchan completes in 46 years in Hindi Movie Industry. He also awarded his first National Award and Best debut performance category for this film. Hence, for this film, he had paid Rs.1,000.
7. Amitabh Bachchan, a Megastar of Bollywood well known as Shahenshah and Big B.
8. Amitabh Bachchan awarded Padma Vibhushan in 2001.
9. However, his younger brother Ajitabh Bachchan helped him for his first photoshoot album for movies.
10. Hobbies of Amitabh Bachchan
Big B is fond of watches. Amitabh Bachchan has a different watch for every occasion. He is also fond of pen. Hence, he has a huge collection of pens. Hence, he gifted with a special pen every year on his birthday by, German company Mont Blanc. He is also fond of suits. The fabric of his suit, is particularly from Italy, thread from France and buttons are from England.
11. He mostly visit to London and Switzerland in vacations.
12. However, He known for his height. He has the highest height in Bollywood which is 6 feet 2 inches.
13. Bachchan took his first Hollywood debut in 2013 with The Great Gatsby, playing non-Indian Jewish character, Meyer Wolfsheim.
Amitabh Bachchan has completed almost 46 years in Bollywood and is still working with same strength and attitude and giving hit film’s per year. However, he awarded with number of awards in his career and severals of nomination for his roles in the films. He always focused on the appearance of a person thus he is fond of suit, watches, pens etc. Also, he is most nominated actor in Popular Film Award for Best Actor.