Yes, we are talking about Shrikant Jichkar, who has the distinction of being ‘the most qualified person’ in India.
Facts About Shrikant Jichkar
- Born on September 14, 1954, in Aajangaon village near Nagpur, from a Marathi family, Shrikant was academically inclined since his school days.
- He was a doting husband and a responsible father to a daughter and a son.
- Although, he has written 42 University Examinations between 1972 and 1990, and he always scored ranks in all the exams.
- Most of his Degrees with First Merit and he obtained several Gold Medals for his degrees.
- Shrikant Jichkar, the holder of more degrees, garnered 14 portfolios at the age of 25.
- He started his career as Medical Doctor (MBBS and MD) but soon he dropped his career to venture out in the field of law. He did his Law (LL.B.) with Post-graduation in International Law (LL.M.) and his Masters in Business Administration (DBM and MBA) and in Journalism.
- He also got the hightest degree in the university, D.Litt. (Sanskrit) i.e. Doctor of Letters.
- His 28 Gold Medals and merit list appearances are proof of the genius. He has 20 different degrees in his lifespan.
- His passion for studies can be gauged by the fact that he had a personal library boasting of 52,000 books.
- In 1978 he wrote the IPS (Indian Police Service) examination and got into it at the age of 25, resigned, wrote the prestigious IAS (Indian Administrative Services) examination in 1980 and got into it, resigning in four months to contest his first general election.
- However at 25, he elected as MLA in the Maharashtra and became the youngest MLA in the country to hold 14 portfolios at a time.
- Also elected as a member of Rajya Sabha and served for six years (1992-98).
- Jichkar was a painter, professional photographer, a stage actor, a radio operator
- Limca Book of Records honourned him as the “most qualified man in the India”.
- This great man traveled in most of the states in India. He spoke on the topics related to health, economics and giving religious discourses.
- On June 2, 2014, his car had a head-on collision with a bus and suffered multiple injuries and succumbed to injuries later in the day.