<p style=”text-align: justify;”> “ Voo Doo” feels strange while hearing this word. It also written as Voodoo; Vodun or Vodoun and usually is syncretic Religion practiced Chiefly in Haiti and Haitian diaspora. Practitioners are known as “vodouists” or “servants of the spirits” .
12 Facts about Voo doo
- a) When it comes about Voodoo, there are some things that build lots more sense than others. However inside the central belief system of Voodooists, is concept of twin worlds, the visible and the invisible. b) Apparently death is only issue that separates US from the invisible world.
Prohibited In Haiti
- a) As long back as 1685, once the French occupied the island of Haiti, slaveholders were forces to form their slaves Christians as shortly as they arrived.
- b) However, the slaves didn’t convert sincerely, and still maintained their old Voodoo practices privately.
Where is Voodoo From?
- a) Most people associate Voodoo with the African continent, nearly naturally. And indeed, Africa is birthplace of Voodoo, being invented in West Africa, Haiti, and Louisiana.
- b) But it’s also practiced for several years in countries like Cuba, Brazil, and Puerto Rico.
Talking to Spirits
- a) Voodoos became popular through some James Bond movies for rolling their eyes back and talking in tongues, apparently with spirits from ‘the alternative side.’
- b) Those lesser spirits are called the “Iwa,” a number of that are merged with Catholic Saints!
Voodoo In Haiti
- a) While it had been met with serious opposition in Haiti for several centuries, in 1987, people who practiced Voodoo got rights and guarded under law by the new constitution.
- One of the more fascinating things about Voodoo, is fact that not like several other faiths and religions, there’s no leader, and no scriptures from that Voodoo is worshipped.
- a) No! They aren’t real even if you thoughts for of these years that they were.
- b) They really come from a special form of African folks magic, that is termed ‘Hoodoo’ NOT Voodoo!
Wisdom Of The ‘law’
- a) Voodooists extremely believe that they convey with the spirits of dead individuals, and for all we all know they extremely do.
- b) They also claim that they appear to these spirits, ‘the Iwa’ for religious guidance and recommendation.
- a) Unlike several other religions or ways of life, where ladies get a raw deal, in Voodoo, men and ladies are considered equal, and each can become Clergy equally.
- b) Though Voodoo doesn’t have leaders as such, their priests are called Hogan and Mambo.
- a) Like any Religion, Voodooists have ceremonies, that are religious in essence, and frequently involve anything from Prayer to Animal sacrifice, and Even to spontaneous Dancing.
- a) One of the main tenets of Voodoo is side of healing individuals from their ailments, be they mental, physical or religious.
- b) a mixture of recommendation from the Iwa, and a unique mix of herbs used to heal individuals from a variety of sicknesses.
How many Voo doos?
- a) Have you any idea How many Voodos exist in world today? according to conservative estimates, that figure would be 4 million in Benin, an extra 5 million in Haiti, and around 10 million worldwide.
Now we are living in the 21th century but still people in some part of the world belive in such kind of superstations. Due to lack of education People belive in such superstations .
Click Here for Aghori Sadhus
What’s your opinion about Voo doo?