Growing up as a woman in a very world where women are usually considered subordinate to men is tough. To create life easy we often tend to have role models, people whom we look up to, people who inspire us to stay pushing our limits and live life the means we want.
Since here we bring you a list of 20 kick-ass ladies who have done some very amazing work. This list isn’t really in any particular order because, after all, we can’t rate peoples’ greatness!
20 Inspiring Indian Women Who Made Indians Fell Proud:
- Neerja Bhanot was a flight attendant who died whereas saving passengers from terrorists on board a hijacked airplane. She was solely 22 years old.
- Sarla Thakral was the first Indian women to fly an aircraft and to earn an aviation pilot licence at the age of 21.
- Savitribai Phule established the first women college in India and have become the first girl teacher of our country.
- Sindhutai Sapkalhas devoted her entire life to raising 1050 orphan kids. Known as the ‘Mother of Orphans’ she currently has 207 son-in-laws, 36 daughter-in-laws and over a thousand grandchildren.
- Mary Kom additionally called ‘Magnificent Mary’ is a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion. She is that the only girl boxer to possess won a medal in all six world championships. She’s additionally the first Indian woman boxer to win a gold medal in the Asian Games (2014).
- Saalumarada Thimmakka is an Indian environmentalist who planted and nurtured 384 banyan trees on the stretch of a road. Since daily she and her husband would carry heavy buckets for a back-breaking distance of four kilometers to water the trees.
- Lakshmi Sahgal or ‘Captain Lakshmi’ was a doctor, a revolutionary soldier within the Indian struggle for independence. An officer of the Indian National Army, a politician, a social activists, and also a prisoner of war and one in every of the founding mothers of ‘All India Democratic Women’s Association’. Need I say anymore!
- Durgawati Devi was a well known Indian revolutionary and spy who had helped Bhagat Singh escape the clutches of the British police by posing herself as his woman during a train journey.
- Shakuntala Devi was an Indian prodigy who holds a record within the Guinness Book for being able to try and do insanely giant mental calculations. She also wrote a pioneering book on homosexuality in India. Awe-inspiring woman!
- Matangini Hazra was 73 years old when while collaborating in an Indian Independence Movement she was shot dead by the British Indian Police. She held the Indian Flag high and kept singing Vande Mataram while many bullets cut into her flesh one after another.
- Sunitha Krishnan is a social activist working towards rescuing, rehabilitating and reintegrating sex-trafficked victims into society. Being a rape survivor herself she currently saves the innocent and pursues the guilty. Hence Sunitha is a real-life hero.
- Irom Chanu Sharmila better known as the ‘Iron woman of Manipur’ has been on hunger strike since 2nd November 2000 to protest the killing of innocent civilians in Manipur.
- A bunch of awe-inspiring ladies who together call themselves as ‘The Gulabi gang’ has set AN example of how ladies-kind can join hands and fight for justice for oppressed and abused women within the society.
- Phoolan Devi was a badass criminal who lead of a gang of bandits and sought-after revenge on her rapists.
- Razia Sultana was the first and also the last female monarch of the Delhi sultanate. Experts opine that she was an excellent monarch.
- Anandi Gopal Joshi is that the first Indian lady to get a degree in Western medicine (1886). Allegedly she is additionally the first Hindu lady to possess set her foot in America.
- Onake Obavva is one superwoman who had single-handed pounded many invading troops of Hyder Ali’s army to death using a pestle (a wood long club meant for pounding paddy grains).
- Mayilamma was a social activist who took on a fight against the enormous Coca-Cola Company whose activities were polluting the local area. Hence her campaign forced the Coca-Cola bottling plant to stop working in March 2004.
- Tessy Thomas, conjointly called ‘India’s Missile Woman’ is that the first lady scientist to go a missile project in India. How cool!
- Kiran Bedi is that the first ladies to have become an officer in the Indian Police Service (1972).
Note that by no means is that this list exhaustive. There are many, many more such surprise ladies out there, doing nice things. Also Indian women have continuously perceived by the world as the quiet, docile kind of women, with long hair, clad in a saree with several gold jewelry, who wish to be inside the house, and enjoy taking care of their families. But, in every generation, some lady or the other has always broken the stereotypes, and proven herself to be robust, independent and multi-faceted. These women bring United States the hope that every lady in India has the potential to achieve whatever she needs to. If we’ve got missed some of your favorite women then comment below.