Lata Mangeshkar was born 28 September 1929 in the pricely state of Indore in Central India Agency. Although, Lata Mangeshkar is an Indian playback singer and occasial music composer. She is one of the best-known as well as most respected playback singers in India . Mangeshkar career started in 1942 and has spanned over seven decades. However, Lata didi has won several awards and honours including Bharat Ratna(2001),Padma Bhushan(1969),Padma Vibhushan(1999),Dadasaheb Falke Award(1989),Maharashtra Bhushan Award(1997),National Award(1999),ANR National Award(2009) and so on.
Facts of Lata Mangeshkar:
1. Story of her Name:
She born as Hema and later renamed as Lata based on a character Latika from one of the father’s plays-Bhaawbandhan her surname Mangeshkar is after a village -Mangeshi in Goa.
2. Her first public performance:
First time Lata didi performed publicly in 1938 at Nutan Theater in sholapur where she sang raag khambwati and two marathi song.
3. her Godfather:
Lata Mangeshker revealed in an interview her true godfather was Gulam Haidar who trusted her talent.
4. Filmfare Best Female Playback Category is because of her:
Earlier there was no category for best playback singer in the Filmfare awards and after her protest it included in 1958.
5. Her first National Film Award:
Her first National Award came for the songs in the movie Parichay.
6. She monopolized Filmfare awards:
For the song- Aaja Re Pardesi from the movie Madhumati in 1958, she got her 1st Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer.
7. Oldest National Film Award winner:
Lata Mangeshkar holds the record for the Oldest (age 61) National Film Award winner for the Best Female Playback Singer for the songs in movie- Lekin (1990).
8. When her song brought tears to the Prime Minister of India:
When she sang the song- Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo on 27 January 1963, it brought tears in the eyes of Prime Minister of India- Jawaharla Nehru.
9. Record for maximum number of songs:
She has sung almost 50000 songs and that too in more than 14 languages.
10. She never interested in marrying. Although, she lived a controversy free life and always maintained that music was her first love and a life partner would be hard pressed to understand that.
11. She reportedly eats chillies to keep her voice melodious. However, strange as it sounds it seems to have worked and she still has the enthusiastic voice of a woman one fourth her age.
12. Part of the Guinness Book of Records:
In the year 1974,well known the Guinness Book of Records listed Lata Mangeshkar as the most recorded artist in history.
Hence, Lata Mangeshkar is known as Indian Koyal. She is really briliant singer in the world and not anyone replace with her. Lata Mangeshkar always maintained music and she not interested in marrige life, she said music is my first love. Lata awarded many awards because of her fantastic voice.