Mahatama Gandhi, the father of the state, who was one in all the key figures in India’s freedom movement. He was far-famed for his passive protests that have galvanized several round the world. Gandhi Jayanti is discovered as a holiday during Bharat, all told states and union territories to watch the occasion of the birthday of mahatma Gandhi.
Let’s get to know some Mahatma Gandhiji Facts:
- Mahatma Gandhi was nominated 5 times for the Peace prize of Noble.
- Gandhi was the only person who was reasonable for the Civil Rights Movement across 4 continent and 12 countries.
- When Gandhi died he funeral march was 8 km long.
- Since the country whom he fought against The Great Britain released a stamp in his honour after 21 years.
- Mahatma Gandhi used to walk regularly about 18 km per day. If we calculate the distance he walked throughout his life it would be enough to walk around the world twice.
- Gandhiji had also served in army during Boer war.
- Mahatma Gandhi was also in contact with Tolstoy, Einstein, and Hitler also.
- Gandhiji was absent on Nehru’s speech on Independence day.
- Gandhi museum at Madurai have still preserved most of the relics of Gandhiji which also include clothes he wored on the day he was shot.
- In his last few years Gandhiji does not take part in any political bodies.
Mahatama Gandhi can continually be remembered as a very important figure within the history of independence because it was his determination and hard work that ultimately helped India attain freedom. This great man was dead on Jan 30th 1948 while he was on his way to attend a religious service.