<p style=”text-align: justify;”>The galaxy where our solar system is situated is known as Milky Way. The name “milky” comes from the Greek word galaxies. And it’s wont to describe its look as a dim glowing band that arches across the night sky creating individual stars indistinguishable to the eye.
Some Milky Way Facts
- Up till 1920, most astronomers believed that each one of the celebs within the universe contained within the galaxy. Following this great discussion, observations by Edwin Hubble proven that the galaxy is actually only one of billions of galaxies within the universe.
- The oldest star within the Galaxy is HD 140283, additionally called the Methuselah star. And it’s a smallest of 13.6 billion years previous.
- The galaxy as an entire is moving through area at a rate of roughly 600 kilometer per second. And can run into the spiral galaxy in around 3.75 billion years.
- The Galaxy includes a comparatively low surface brightness which implies. That it’s tough to see from any brightly lit urban or community location. However very distinguished when the Moon is below the horizon.
- If the Milky Way reduced in diameter to a width of 100 m, the system would be no more than 1 millimeter in breadth.
- Within the Milky Way are a minimum of a hundred billion planets and anywhere from 200-400 billion stars.
- Surrounding the Galactic disk could be a non-circular halo of old stars. And ball-shaped clusters 90th of that lie among 100,000 light-years of the Galactic Center.
- The Milky Way and also the Andromeda galaxy are a part of a binary system of large spiral galaxies. Belonging to a bunch of 50 closely bound galaxies known as the native group.
The smallest supermassive part we’ve calculated has roughly 200,000 times the mass of our sun. Compared to a daily (“stellar-mass”) black hole, that has the mass of concerning 10 suns, that’s a decent size. However it doesn’t hold a candle to the supermassive black hole set at the middle of the Milky Way Galaxy.